Guardian Angel Scholarship Program
Many parents may be wondering:
“How can we afford Saint Mark Catholic Academy?”
An education at Saint Mark is possible for many of our students because:
- More than half of our families receive scholarships.
- By completing the application, families can receive from $750 to $2,500 for a single child and from $1,000 to $4,000 for two or more children.
- The monthly cost per child may be as low as $150 per month or less depending on available funds.
“What can we do to apply?”
- Visit the school, meet the principal, Mr. Mark Wilson, and learn more about the Guardian Angel Scholarship Program.
- Call the school secretary, Mrs. Lori Ryan, at (718) 332-9304, for an interview or just visit the school, between hours 9am to 3 pm, any day of the week.
- The Finance Office and Mr. Wilson will answer any questions and help fill out the application.
“What documents should I bring to complete the financial application?
- Please bring a statement of your annual income and how many people live at home.
- Also, please bring a letter from your employer stating your annual income and any statement regarding Food Stamps. In many cases, if you have the your most recently completed tax form, you can submit a copy. If you do not have a copy, you can submit the letter. Of course, all information is completely confidential.
“When do we make tuition payments?”
- Parents pay monthly from August – May (10 monthly payments).
- Once the scholarship is offered, the monthly tuition payment is adjusted. For example, a scholarship of $2,000 will reduce each monthly payment by $200. A scholarship of $4,000 for two children in a family will reduce each monthly payment by $400.
Come and visit to learn more about how the Guardian Angel Scholarship Program works and how a Catholic education at Saint Mark Catholic Academy is possible for your family!