- Students participate in St. Edmund’s High School Advantage program for high school Math Regents credit.
- Students complete high school-level essays and writing assignments, including research papers.
- Student are actively engaged in experiential learning, including STEM Lab Activities that involve hands-on dissections and experiments
JOURNALISM YEARBOOK CHESS CLUB LATIN DANCE
As part of our 1:1 Google Chromebook Program, each student receives a device to use in school and at home.
SMCA’s Middle School participates in the National Junior Honor Society, which promotes academic excellence, service, and personal growth.
SMCA’S MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENTS EXCEED THE STANDARDS!
On the 2018 Common Core New York State Exams, Catholic School students exceeded NYC public school students…“In the area of mathematics, diocesan students outperformed their counterparts by the time they reach eighth grade.”
-Mrs. Diane Phelan
Associate Superintendent for Evaluation, Diocese of Brooklyn
Our Graduates go on to attend the following Catholic high schools:
• Xavier High School
• Norte Dame School of Manhattan
• Xaverian High School
• Fontbonne Hall Academy
• St. Saviour High School
• St. Edmund Prep High School
• La Salle Academy
• Bishop Kearney High School
• St. Joseph High School
Our students are accepted into honors programs, such as the Ignatian Scholars Program at Xaiver HS and The Honors Program at Xaverian.
Public High School acceptances include:
• Brooklyn Technical High School
• Leon M. Goldstein High School for the Sciences
• Midwood High School
• Edward R. Murrow High School
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE!
If a family qualifies for assistance for their Middle School student, and if the economic situation does not change significantly from year to year, the same award is likely to continue throughout a child’s entire academic career.
Please contact the school Business Office and speak to Mr. William Bunch for more details: (718) 332-9304 (ext. 2)