Saint Mark Catholic Academy, a faith community of students, parents and teachers, is dedicated to personal excellence in the traditions of the school’s Catholic education heritage.
The academy values the uniqueness and dignity of all individuals, and respects the diversity of nationalities, races and religions true to our Sheepshead Bay location. We stand committed to training analytical learners, critical thinkers, and responsible decision makers for further study in the 21st century’s global and technological society.
Saint Mark School’s mission is to provide a constructive learning environment infused with faith-based values. Our dedicated administration and faculty strive to achieve a balance among the spiritual, scholastic, social and physical attributes of each child. A spirit of inquiry and discovery allows each student to attain his/her full potential. The curriculum is multi-dimensional, reflecting the current trends in education and is implemented by teachers who are facilitators of achievement.
– That academic excellence, character development, self-discipline and Christian service are hallmarks of the graduate of Saint Mark Catholic Academy
– That the guiding Catholic tradition of the school is to “Teach as Jesus Did,” demonstrating always the respect and dignity of each member of the academy community and the global community
– That the child’s individual educational, emotional, social, and physical needs are met with the greatest care and strongest partnership between home and academy
– That God’s love and presence guides Saint Mark Catholic Academy and that each child is unique gift and special learner
– That the academy’s program provides the highest academic achievement possible for each child and in the process utilizes state of the art technology
– That educating and motivating children to become responsible citizens develops young people with an allegiance to their nation and an appreciation of other countries and peoples in the world community