School closure notifications, distance learning updates, and any other information will be posted here when it becomes available.
Thank you and stay safe!
Below is the most recent update from Mr Wilson. Please click on the following link to view all of
Mr. Wilson’s archived messages.
During these challenging times, it’s sometimes hard to believe that Easter is right around the corner. In fact, today is Palm Sunday. This pandemic has truly tested our resiliency, and now, more than ever, we must trust in our faith and believe in the power of prayer.
As we begin a new week, I’d like to share with you a few reminders and updates…
- This week, assignments and virtual classes will be available on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. From April 9th through April 19th, we will be on Easter Recess. Assignments and live class sessions will resume on April 20th. (Pre-K for All will be following a different schedule. Please check your Google Classroom page for specifics.)
- As some of you may already know, Ms. Juliane Forsyth, our art teacher, is also a full-time firefighter with the FDNY. She has asked if we could please create thank you cards for the FDNY’s EMS workers. More specifics are posted on the Art Google Classroom page. If you haven’t already, please join the art page using the following code: xm2y5ff. I strongly encourage everyone to make a card. Please email me a picture of you and your card. Most importantly, please keep Ms. Forsyth and all of our first responders and essential workers in your prayers. This pandemic has made their already difficult jobs that much harder.
- The Diocese has put new protocols in place regarding the students’ work week. Beginning on Friday, April 24th, teachers will not hold live sessions or assign any new work on Fridays. It will be a day for students and teachers alike to “catch-up,” regroup, and plan for the week ahead. Please see the attachment from the Diocese for more specifics.
- Recently, the New York City Department of Education announced that they will not be using Zoom to facilitate live classes. The Diocese of Brooklyn will continue to use Zoom; however, teachers have been provided with guidelines to further enhance the security of their live class sessions.
- Superintendent of Schools Dr. Thomas Chadzutko asked principals to share a letter from him with all families. Please find that letter attached.
- Finally, below is this week’s schedule of live class sessions. Please check Google Classroom for the login information for these classes. I highly suggest you get all links and codes ready at least 30 minutes before the class. If you have a problem, and call Mrs. Ryan, email me, or send a message to the teacher while the class is going on, we may not be able to help you in time.
As always, thank you for your continued support and cooperation. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out. We are here to help you.
Live Virtual Class Schedule
Nursery A & B: Teachers will be sending out more information
Pre-K A: Tuesday, April 7 at 2pm
Pre-K B: TBD – Check Google Classroom
Pre-K C: Wednesday, April 8 at 2:20pm
Kindergarten A: TBD – Check Google Classroom
Kindergarten B: Tuesday, April 7 at 1pm
Grade 1 A: Monday, April 6 and Wednesday, April 8 at 10am
Grade 1 B: Tuesday, April 7 at 1pm
Grade 2: Wednesday, April 8 at 11am
Grade 3: Tuesday, April 7 at 1pm
Grade 4: Tuesday, April 7 at 2:30pm
ELA 5: Tuesday, April 7 at 11:30am
ELA 6: Tuesday, April 7 at 11am
ELA 7: Tuesday, April 7 at 10:30am
ELA 8: Tuesday, April 7 at 10am
Math 5: Tuesday, April 7 at 8:30am
Math 6: Tuesday, April 7 at 9:15am
Math 7: Email Mr. Cuccurullo with questions
Math 8: Email Mr. Cuccurullo with questions
Science 5: Tuesday, April 7 at 10am
Science 6: Tuesday, April 7 at 10:30am
Science 7: Tuesday, April 7 at 11:00am
Science 8: Tuesday, April 7 at 11:30am
Social Studies 5: Tuesday, April 6 at 10:45am
Social Studies 6: Monday, April 6 at 9:30am
Social Studies 7: Tuesday, April 7 at 9:30am
Social Studies 8: Monday, April 6 at 10:45am
Nursery Student Assignments for Closure
Google Classroom Class Codes
Grade 1A: qtoiv5v
Grade 1B: zjvwatb
Grade 2: lhubmx3
Grade 4: d4e5gkc
Math 5: zsmiykq
Math 6: qngluer
Math 7: wsk7xzg
Math 8: zysikpw
Science 5: suqz2iy
Science 6: ka4ncc2
Science 7: 47swnqj
Science 8: hhirqye
Religion 8: s6hkhdb
Art (all grades): xm2y5ff